Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Home again, home again jiggity jig...

And then...it was all over and we are home again. Home to piles of bills, unwashed laundry, dust bunnies forming organized rebellions, the looming threat of going back to work and all that entails. But of course, all the good things outweigh ickies: like happy happy wiggly weenie dogs, my warm comfortable bed, Pagliacci pizza, my friends and family, etc yaddy yaddah.

Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life...starting at 4am GMT when the click-wheel of Matt's ipod woke me up, to the four-hour wait in Heathrow, to the two-hour wait on the runway, to the 9.5 hour flight...but I actually made it through immigration and customs this time without extra questioning and I didn't have my little tirade and breakdown until AFTER I'd made it through.

I have more bloggy travel updates, I'm going to tell you all that I know now about making whisky and then about our adventures in Edinburgh. But first, laundry, grocery shopping, dog walking, lather rinse repeat.

No comments: