Friday, October 26, 2007

Le Metro


IMG_3080.JPG
Originally uploaded by rosebuttons
I was so excited the first time I saw the art-deco style Metro sign, because it's so classically Parisian. Then I learned that there are 87 Metro signs that look like that. But that doesn't make it any less cool.

However, this Metro entrance near the Louvre is definitely unique, and very cool.

So that's all I have for you today. I'm fighting off a nasty sore throat/cold thingy...if I were at home in Seattle, it would definitely be a reason to call in sick with the universal, "I just fee like ass," excuse. But since I'm here on vacation I'm trying to deny that I feel bad at all. I simply blame my runny nose and cough on the slight chill in the air and my puffy watery eyes on the departure of a dear friend.

BUT another good friend is coming into Paris tomorrow, and she promises to take me out and we're going to stroll down the Champs Elysee at night, and go shopping, and take silly tourist pictures of each other. I need a distraction and a friendly face :)

This afternoon I bought myself a brown furry blanket to curl up with (I think I'm missing my little doggies), downloaded the latest Grey's Anatomy, and holed up in my apartment with a pain au chocolate and some orange juice.


Ilsa: What about us?
Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have it, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That entrance is great! We must have missed that one! Have you seen 1 of the only 2 left in Paris still with the complete roofs? (Abbesses is 1 of them)

Too late to be consoled said...

check my blog and help me.i feel so alone....i dont have any friends..i loved ur blog and thought you will understand me

Tom's Movie Blog said...

Try some grated ginger and honey in the orange juice - place a shot glass full into a cup of mint tea. Can you buy the Guardian in Paris?