Monday, October 29, 2007

Paris night life


I really do love traveling by myself, figuring out where to go, doing everything at my own pace, all that stuff. But the cool thing about having friends is that it makes going out at night a bit more fun, and definitely less loser-like.


I met my friend Whitney, along with her sister and her brother, at the Buddha Bar, near the Place de la Concorde on Saturday night. This place was really cool. Like the kind of cool place that would make me cool, just by being in it. We had fantastic outrageously overpriced drinks and desert, and did a pretty good job of acting like we were cool enough to be there. Except for the few times we whipped out our cameras and when Whitney broke a glass on her way out. But hey. Whitney's brother was meeting up with an online friend for the first time, and he was super nervous, so he threw back two beers and a shot before heading off to find her. We chuckled at his nervousness, and his concern over how he looked:
("Do I have hat head?"
"Yes, totally!"
He frowns.
"I mean, if that was the look you were going for...uhm...") and generally agreed it was kind of cute. Until it came time to pay the bill..."17 euros for a shot of vodka?" exclaimed Erin. "It's not so cute anymore when I get the bill for my brother's insecurities."

No comments: